Dr. Donald McNeil joined Family Allergy and Asthma in 2021 after 35 years as a board-certified allergist. Dr. McNeil is a graduate of the University of Alberta in Edmonton, Canada, where he obtained his Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Science and his Doctor of Medicine. He completed his residencies for internal medicine and clinical immunology at Montreal General Hospital in Montreal, Canada. He then went on to Calgary General Hospital in Calgary, Canada, for a research fellowship before attending the Scripps Clinic and Research Foundation in La Jolla, California, for an additional fellowship.
Board certified in both Internal Medicine and Allergy & Immunology, Dr. McNeil has a special interest in patients who have immune deficiencies or angioedema. He has traveled widely to speak about angioedema and meet patients with all types of the condition. Dr. McNeil has also played a crucial role in research for allergies, asthma, immunotherapy, and sinusitis. He has done well over 100 research studies for these medical fields and others, written more than 15 publications and presented many topics in the allergy, asthma, and immunology fields.
Dr. McNeil is president, founder, principal investigator at Optimed Research and has over 20 years of research experience.
- Internal Medicine
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Fellow, American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Fellow, American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Fellow, American Rheumatology Association
- Fellow, American College of Physicians
- Delegate, Ohio State Medical Association
- Delegate, Division of Allergy/Immunology
- Columbus Allergy Society
- Central Ohio Lung Association
- Free Clinic Columbus Medical Association