Registered Nurse (RN)
Are you ready to join the Family?
Family Allergy & Asthma is seeking dedicated and experienced RN nurses for many of our offices across Kentucky and Indiana!
We have an exciting opportunity a Registered Nurse (RN) in our offices. In this position, you will play a critical role in helping our patients with allergies and asthma reach a better quality of life. Are you passionate about helping others? Apply today!
We offer health insurance, dental insurance, 401k, HSA, paid time off, profit sharing, wellness program, and more!
Qualified candidates should have at least 1 year of nursing experience (RN) and valid KY or IN nursing license.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Get rooms ready for patients and prepare for allergy testing each morning
- Calibrate PFT sensor daily
- Escort patients to a treatment room and prepare them for the doctor’s visit
- Assist the doctor with skin testing and other procedures as ordered
- Send prescriptions, complete asthma care plans and discharge summaries
- Complete documentation in IMS
- Prepare and administer any medications requested by the doctor
- Pulmonary function testing, FeNO testing, and peak flow monitoring
- Patient education regarding medications and environmental control
- Prepare and administer nebulized medication and patient education (if needed)Scan testing sheets
- Schedule appointments for outpatient procedures
- Administer allergy injections and complete all duties of the shot room
- Keep clinical area and exam rooms organized and stocked with supplies
- Keep samples and sample bags stocked on shelves
- Check emergency medications monthly and reorder as needed
- Check refrigerator temperatures daily and log on chart
- Complete all tasks in Triage when scheduled
- Prepare patient information folders and EC packets
- Prepare I.D. and scratch trays
- Check patients in/out at satellite offices (front office duties) – as needed
- Total clinic and shot room charges and make deposits as needed
- Shut down and plug-in computers (pack if needed), and plug-in otoscopes at the end of day
- Transport supplies (box) to and from satellites as needed
- Maintain and follow HIPAA policies and procedures
- Travel to local offices
- Other relevant duties as assigned by director
EDUCATION, PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE, SPECIAL SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
Diploma in Nursing – RN preferably with one year’s experience in a medical office setting. Ability to communicate with patients directly and professionally. Ability to work independently. Computer skills. EMR skills are required: CPR certification
If you’d like to join our team, click below to apply today!