Are you ready to join the Family?
Family Allergy & Asthma is seeking a qualified Medical Assistant for our office. This position is Monday – Friday 8a-5p with occasional overtime as needed. Family Allergy & Asthma offers competitive wages, health & dental insurance, supplemental insurance, wellness program, 401k, paid time off, and so much more!
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Get rooms ready for patients and prepare for patients each morning
- Escort patients to a treatment room and prepare them for the doctor’s visit
- Assist the doctor with tasks/procedures as ordered
- Send prescriptions, complete care plans, and discharge summaries
- Complete documentation in IMS
- Scan any documents related to patients
- Schedule appointments for outpatient procedures
- Keep clinical area and exam rooms organized and stocked with supplies
- Keep samples and sample bags stocked on shelves
- Check emergency medications monthly and reorder as needed
- Prepare patient information folders
- Prepare patient charts for upcoming appointments
- Check patients in/out as needed
- Other relevant duties as assigned by Director
EDUCATION, PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE, SPECIAL SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma
- 2 years’ experience in Medical Assisting
- Previous experience in Allergy desired
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- CPR certification required
- Strong computer skills
- Experience with EMR preferred
Family Allergy & Asthma is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you’d like to join our team, click below to apply today!