Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Are you ready to join the Family?
Family Allergy & Asthma is seeking dedicated and experienced LPN nurses for many of our offices across Kentucky and Indiana! We offer health insurance, dental insurance, 401k, HSA, paid time off, profit sharing, wellness program, and more! Qualified candidates should have at least 1 year of nursing experience (LPN) and valid KY or IN nursing license.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
INJECTION ROOM (LPN or RN)
- Prepare the injection room area each morning
- Administer allergy injections
- Re-stock area as needed and order supplies
- Complete daily log of charges and total at the end of the day
- Collect co-pays and write out patient receipt
- Re-order vials in a timely manner
- Organizing refrigerated vials in appropriate bins
- Log daily refrigerator temperatures
- Monitor shot cards monthly and discard expired vials
- Ensure that consent forms are signed; explain shot room policies to new patients
- Education of patients in 1st injection policy
- Maintain and follow HIPAA policies and procedures
- Stay the required 30 minutes after the last injection is given before lunch or the end of day
- Cleaning toys and lobby
- Knowledge of all medications and IT treatment; Ability to effectively manage emergency procedures/protocols
- Other relevant duties as assigned by director
- Check patients in/out and collect co-pays
- Schedule appointments
- Answer phone when needed
- End of day clinic charge reports and making bank deposits (if the location has a bank near -others send to EE).
- Copy patient insurance cards and update information as needed
- Other duties as assigned by on-site supervisor or Director of Immunotherapy Operations
EDUCATION, PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE, SPECIAL SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
Diploma in Nursing – LPN preferably with one year’s experience in a medical office setting. Ability to communicate with patients directly and professionally. Ability to work independently. Computer skills. EMR skills are required: CPR certification
If you’d like to join our team, click below to apply today!