Front Office / Patient Access
Are you ready to join the Family?
Family Allergy & Asthma is seeking qualified Front Desk / Patient Access Coordinators in our offices. This position is Monday – Friday 8a-5p with occasional overtime as needed (early mornings, late evenings, and Saturdays). Family Allergy & Asthma offers competitive wages, health & dental insurance, supplemental insurance, wellness program, 401k, paid time off, and so much more!
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Check patients in and out, copy/scan insurance cards, take patient photo, collect co-pays and deductibles, post payments to patient account, encourage portal utilization, ensure that all required consent forms are signed
- Balance all money collected at the end of the day
- Prepare deposit
- Answer telephone, handle all calls appropriately, and schedule appointments for new and existing patients
- Enter patient demographics, insurance, and referral information into IMS
- Prepare front desk prior to the start of clinic; confirm benefits on all testing patients, print schedules, unroll phones (if applicable), prepare all paperwork, check messages
- Scan testing sheets and all other paperwork as needed
- Cancel and reschedule appointments as assigned
- Keep up with medical records requests, medical records phone messages and reminders, chart reviews, scan old charts into IMS as requested
- Process AllergyZone purchases
- Responsible for individually assigned front office tasks: TelTech reminders and cancellations, failed faxes, send online survey, DOMA calls, returned mail, website appointment requests, assign and track physician fax referrals, next available appointment report, insurance needed reminders, night calls, recall cards, adding new referring providers to IMS, recall report, patient portal responses
- Maintain and follow HIPAA policies and procedures
- Travel to satellite clinics as scheduled
EDUCATION, PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE, SPECIAL SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Prior medical office experience preferred
- College diploma preferred, high school diploma (or equivalent) required
- Must be a quick learner, comfortable working on a computer, organized, and team oriented
- Excellent communication skills and focus on customer service is a must
- Previous customer service experience
If you’d like to join our team, click below to apply today!