Certified Professional Coder
Are you ready to join the Family?
Family Allergy & Asthma is seeking qualified Certified Professional Coder in our offices. Family Allergy & Asthma offers competitive wages, health & dental insurance, supplemental insurance, wellness program, 401k, paid time off, and so much more!
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyzes provider documentation to assure the appropriate Evaluation & Management levels are assigned using the correct CPT code.
- Assists billing team establish the medical necessity of charges.
- Provides feedback to the clinical staff on coding issues and reviewing denials.
- Provides training to each provider regarding errors identified and corrected.
- Monitors and audits proper diagnosis code with appropriate CPT code for billing purposes.
- Evaluates medical records for documentation consistency and adequacy.
- Reviews appropriate medical codes to all diagnoses or services.
- Participates with other staff to follow up on accounts until no balance or turned over for collection.
- Completes coding projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE, SPECIAL SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Certified Professional Coding (CPC) certification.
- 2+ years of experience in ASC coding and insurance billing required.
- Knowledge of the ICD-10, ICD-9, and CPT-/HCPCS universal coding systems.
- Knowledge of coding and clinic operating policies.
- Knowledge of insurance carrier coding requirements to ensure proper coding based on license and specialty.
- Knowledge of third party billing procedures across a variety of payer systems.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
Family Allergy & Asthma is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you’d like to join our team, click below to apply today!