Family Allergy & Asthma provides a full range of allergy, asthma, and immunology services. Our Allergist doctors will provide you with a detailed plan to best treat your allergies or asthma, whether it is through medication, environmental control, or allergy shots. We offer comprehensive treatment for patients by providing the following services:
- Allergy Skin Testing
- Skin testing is the most reliable form of allergy testing. Because mast cells are located in high numbers just under the skin, results of skin testing are quicker and have proven to be more accurate than blood testing in diagnosing allergies.
- Immunotherapy (Allergy Shots, Tablets, and Drops)
- While avoidance is the best defense, it is often impossible to avoid allergens that can trigger your allergies. Allergists may recommend immunotherapy to relieve the suffering of allergy symptoms, for most inhalant allergies and stinging insect allergies.
- Pulmonary Function Testing (lungs)
- Early diagnosis and proper treatment are essential to help prevent damage to your lungs. Our providers may use a combination of the following to diagnose asthma: comprehensive medical history, history of asthma attacks or symptoms, a physical exam, and a breathing test (called spirometry).
- Asthma Treatment and Management
- Although there is no cure for asthma, there are three ways to help control your asthma symptoms: avoid triggers, medicine, and allergy shots. As allergists, we believe everyone who has asthma should feel good, be active all day, and sleep well at night.
- Food Challenges
- Our allergy specialists can help identify food allergies. Maintaining a journal of everything you eat, what symptoms you experience, and how long after you eat that the symptoms appear can help our doctors make a diagnosis. Food challenges are conducted under strict medical supervision.
- Stinging Insect Testing
- Insect stings typically result in pain, swelling, and redness confined to the sting site. People who have already experienced a systemic allergic reaction to an insect sting are at risk of a similar or worse reaction if they are stung again. Our allergists can test patients and may recommend immunotherapy to reduce the risk of a severe reaction.
- Methacholine Challenge
- Exercise Challenge
- Antibiotic Testing
- Aspirin Testing & Desensitization
- Local Anesthetic Testing
- Patient Education
In 2016, Expert Sleep Medicine joined Family Allergy and Asthma. Our board-certified sleep specialists will identify if a sleep disorder is present and provide treatment options that can best treat the disorder to help you get a better night’s rest. Our sleep division services include:
- Home Sleep Testing
- Clinical Sleep Medicine
- Sleep Disorder Screening
- CPAP Mask Fitting
- In-house Durable Medical Equipment
- Sleep Educational Programs