Deidra Henley Sanders is a Louisville native. A graduate of Sacred Heart Academy, she received her BSN at Murray State University. She continued her graduate studies at the University of Kentucky, receiving her Masters of Nursing Degree (MSN). She completed the Family Nurse Practitioner program at Spalding University. As a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP), Deidra gravitated to the specialty of allergy and asthma, having children with those diseases. Her extensive background as a nurse and mother of asthmatic children has lent itself to helping those families impacted by allergic disease.
Deidra is a recognized speaker on topics of allergy and asthma at both the local and national level. She is involved in planning the yearly Allied Health Program for both the Academy and College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology. Yearly, she conducts the local sponsorship of the National Asthma Screening Program for the A.C.A.A.I.
Her goal is to promote wellness and optimize the health of those individuals living with chronic health problems. Through expert management with a strong emphasis on education, Deidra hopes to normalize and enhance the quality of life for allergy and asthma sufferers.
Deidra and her husband, Rick reside in Simpsonville. Together they have two adult sons, a daughter-in-law , and one grandson.
- Family Nurse Practitioner, NP-Certified, American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- American Nurse Association/Kentucky Nurses Association
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Program Planning Committee for Allied Health
- Health Care Education delivery and Quality Committee
- American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Sports Medicine Committee
- Allied Health Program Committee
- Membership Committee
- Kentucky Coalition of Nurse Practitioners/Nurse Midwives
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing