Family Allergy & Asthma is a multi-site allergy practice with offices throughout Kentucky and Southern Indiana, including Louisville, Florence, Lexington, Paducah and Somerset. Founded in 1979 by Drs. Stephen J. Pollard and James L. Sublett, Family Allergy and Asthma provides a full range of allergy, asthma and immunology services.
We recognize that patients come to us because of the limitations placed on them due to their advanced allergy or asthmatic condition. It is our goal to remove these limitations, to the greatest possible extent, giving patients their lives back.
Our practice includes both clinical care delivery by our allergy doctors and nurse practitioners, as well as a research institute.
Our Mission Statement:
Family Allergy & Asthma’s mission is to be the leading caregiver for patients with allergies and asthma. The goals of the practice have always been:
- To provide the best possible medical care for our patients.
- To treat each patient with dignity, respect, kindness and courtesy.
- To serve our community through preventive medicine and other outreach programs.
- To have a smooth functioning practice in which the staff and the physicians work together in the spirit of harmony and cooperation.
- To have highly qualified, motivated personnel who are interested in their work and our patients.
Our Values (Developed by our team members)
- Ensure kind, compassionate care through listening.
- Award people with courtesy and patience.
- Demonstrate concern for everyone’s needs.
- Be partners in care.
- Identify needs and individual concerns.
- Empower through education, support, and understanding.
- Quality of service is paramount.
- Teamwork is essential. Be available and aware.
- Efficient service is achieved when we all give our best.
- Honesty and respect shown for everyone emphasizes the pride we take in our jobs.
- Maintaining privacy speaks volumes
- Appreciation for our individual responsibility in care.
- Dependability shows you are accountable.
- Take responsibility for carrying a task to its finish .
- Be trustworthy – mean what you say and say what you mean.
- Make no excuses.
- A pleasant work environment makes dull days FUN days.
- Teamwork helps everyone get along.
- Laughter can help make open communication a regular part of our day.